Privacy Collection Statement
We will need to collect information about you.
Spark Recruitment Pty Ltd. will only collect information that is necessary for the proper performance of our tasks or functions. We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination. We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it. We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted. If you only browse our website, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our employees.
How to Contact Us:
If you wish to contact us about your personal information you should contact the Privacy Officer on 02 80907788 or email@example.com during normal office hours, which are Monday-Friday between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm
Legal Requirements for personal information:
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history) from you that is relevant to the position(s) for which you may be applying. There may be cases where our duties of care or contractual duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs.
When requesting information of this type we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
If you do not give us part or all of the information we need:
- We may be limited in our ability to secure suitable work for you;
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- We might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions.
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- Our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- The necessary validation (including from appropriate third party sources) of your resume, nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities: Note: where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it.
- Your actual or possible work placement(s);
- Your performance appraisals;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Our identification of your training needs;
- Suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- Any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- Any reference that we may give concerning your work; Our statutory compliance obligations;
- Any services, promotions or offers provided by Spark Recruitment Pty Ltd that we believe you would be interested in, which you can opt-out of receiving at any point on request to Spark Recruitment Pty Ltd.
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Spark Recruitment Pty Ltd;
- Referees; A person who seeks a reference about you;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body; Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers, some of whom may be off shore;
- A parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Access to information:
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong. Subject to some exceptions which are set out in privacy legislation you have a right to see and have a copy of personal information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal information that we hold about you is misleading, irrelevant, not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If we are unable to agree that personal information that we hold about you is not misleading, relevant accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is misleading, irrelevant, not accurate, incomplete or out of-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Officer, whose details are shown above.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
By reading this statement and submitting your details to us you are deemed to have accepted our Privacy Collection Statement Updated 12th March 2014