Our client are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to scale their engineering and technology in support of their next stage of growth. This highly technical role will serve as a member of the executive team and will have responsibility for driving the technical direction of the organisation and building the engineering team capability and brand. Critical measures of success are to enable the organization to make the right strategic and tactical technical decisions as they go through a significant period of growth and to inspire a culture of craftsmanship, innovation, and excellence within the Software engineering group.
To make Spark's fly you will have
- Technical depth in large scale globally distributed transaction processing environments including personalization, scaling, high availability, app performance, analytics and API platforms
- Experience in transforming a legacy platform to deliver a microservices architecture at scale
- Experience with a variety of SQL/no SQL and distributed storage systems,
- Track record of mentorship at a distinguished software engineering company
- Experience in taking a product focused engineering group through ~ 10x growth, tackling scale, architecture and development practice challenges
- Proven experience in advising on the selection of open source and third party tools and platforms to increase development efficiency and improve technology and product offerings
- A passion for elevating an engineering brand through published work and speaking at events/meetups etc
- Ability to improve development processes to enable significant growth whilst maintaining the cadence of the development environment
What makes this role shine?
- This is a rare opportunity in the Australian market as it is a 'true' CTO role working on a highly transactional global SaaS platform
- Join this venture funded and pre-IPO organisation at a pivotal time.
- Work closely with the C suite and Heads of Engineering to deliver market leading products
- Work on a broad range of challenges including Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, DevOps and SecOps
Spark you interest?
To find out more about this exciting and challenging role please apply now or contact Luke Singleton on +61 2 8090 7780